Does the MBTA hate somebody in Franklin?

The MBTA Sucks Site: For riders -- MBTA sucks because...: Does the MBTA hate somebody in Franklin?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Peter Maranci on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 09:59 am:

I've been riding the Franklin commuter rail for years now, and I have to wonder: does the management of the MBTA have a grudge against someone on the Franklin line? The 715 train (departing South Station at 4:10 PM) NEVER has enough space - it's always six single-level cars. I get on at Ruggles, and there are always at least ten or more people standing in the aisles. There are times when it's so bad that the conductors can't even push through to collect fares.

Meanwhile the Needham Heights train just before the 715 always has an abundance of two-level cars, with more than half the seats free at Ruggles.

Yesterday (7/27/05) was one of the hottest days of the year. The temperature was in the mid-90s. So why did THREE out of the six cars of train 715 have no air conditioning? Passengers were jammed so tightly into the remaining three cars that entry was impossible. Meanwhile, in the cars without AC, temperatures soared to well over 100 degrees. It's a miracle that no one suffered heat stroke or a heart attack.

We also have William, who is almost certainly the most foul-tempered conductor in the entire MBTA. system. Often, after he pushes his way through the crowds, passengers talk about what a miserable, vile-tempered jerk he is. He's a legend on the line, and there's even graffiti about him. I've never seen a man who hates his customers as much as he does.

He makes a single pass through the train after Ruggles, and then he disappears for the rest of the trip. Rumor has it that he spends the rest of the time sucking up to the conductor in the lead car, although no one really knows.

I once saw an old lady fall off the train because William had done his usual daily disappearing act. She was trying to get off when the train started moving, and toppled into the crowd at the station. And it wasn't her fault: she was moving slowly, but not THAT slowly. A lot of us wrote to the MBTA about that incident.

In fact, I've personally talked to dozens of people who've written in multiple times to complain about the crowding on the 715 and about William in particular. I've written in several times myself. All anyone ever gets is the usual kiss-off letter from the MBTA.

What does it take to get the MBTA to respond? Does anyone know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maisppreats on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 07:04 pm:

The trouble with a lot of self-made men is that they worship their creator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://blurty.com/users/jarrodsalasih

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By calTekacuntee on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 09:12 pm:

I'm new here, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.